The OysterShell System® delivers rigid, durable and easily erected metal roof trusses for all housing types.
High Tensile, light gauge steel trusses or C-Channel profiles supplied with a zinc coating of 275g/m2, Aluzinc 150g/m2 or similar.
We produce individual parts for easy fabrication of trusses on the ground. Our system is designed to include ceiling purlins so the ceiling can be installed quickly and easily.
The trusses or C-Channel system is designed to withstand hurricane force winds.
Our system consists of old fashioned trusses with purlins both above and below plus some diagonals for bracing. The trusses can be fashioned to assume any shape and angle. We have done roofs of 30 degrees pitch as well as 23.5. We can do any shape or size.
- Built out of cold rolled steel is light in weight but very strong
- Steel is high tensile (400-550Mpa and 275g/m2 zinc coating)
- Hot dipped galvanized. Rust will not happen even right next to the ocean
- Strength given by a combination of shape and complexity
- We can design a roof to any wind strength simply by adjusting the truss spacing and the purlins
- Z purlins under the trusses bottom chord allows ease of installing ceilings as well as strengthening the roof by tying the bottom longitudinal
- No termites
- Fast erection
- Can accommodate any ceiling below and well as any tile system above
- Does not ignite in a fire and allows people more time to escape rather than burn and collapse
- After designing the pre-cut parts are numbered and boxed for shipping. Then the parts are assembled on a jig at destination without the need of much expertise
Contact OysterShell today to discuss your requirements.